Genuine, thoughtful and considered...
Our osteopaths in Heidelberg aim to get you feeling great as soon as possible.No gimmicks, up-selling or contracts. Just genuine, thoughtful and considered health care individually tailored to suit you the patient!
Osteo for kids!
Our osteopaths love seeing children in the clinic and in our experience the kids enjoy it too. Paediatric osteopathy is available for all age groups, from newborns, to teenagers.
Can I see an Osteo for Sports injuries?
If you have hurt yourself exercising or playing sport look no further! Osteopaths are NOT just for backs. Our osteopaths in Heidelberg understand a lot about the biomechanics of sports injuries. Book in today!
Safe and inclusive
We pride ourselves on welcoming people from all walks of life in our clinic and provide a safe and inclusive osteopathic treatment experience right in the heart of Heidelberg.
Osteopaths in the heart of Heidelberg
- Osteopathy was developed in America in the 1870's by Dr Andrew Taylor Still and it is now widely recognised with osteopaths working in many countries throughout the world.
- Osteopathy is a manual medicine & our osteopathic practitioners at Enhance Osteopathy in Heidelberg use hands-on techniques to try to help you heal.
- Osteopaths study at university for five years in courses such as anatomy, physiology, pathology and other biomedical sciences.
- Overall osteopathy is based on the idea that if the body's tissues are in the right anatomical position they will be better able to heal themselves. It is a biomechanical model of health care.
- An osteopath looks at the whole body. All the strains & stresses you have experienced over a life time may contribute to your pain today. If you are not moving well and you are close to Heidelberg in the northern suburbs of Melbourne you may need an osteopath help to get better.
What can I see an osteopath for?
Being an osteopath means seeing people for a very wide range of conditions. Primarily people seek out an osteopath when they want a musculoskeletal injury or dysfunction worked out, but your average osteopath can help with much more than just a sore back or sporting injuries. A normal osteopathic treatment will encompass much more than just much more than looking at just your muscles and joints.
Yes an osteopath is highly skilled in treating injuries, especially headaches, neck pain, back pain, including sciatica, and sports injuries, however we also use an osteopathic treatment to give an osteo's perspective on things like help with breathing, functional movement and long term health problems.
As an osteopath you learn to work on all tissues in the body, not just muscles and joints. We have techniques for your:
- lymphatic system,
- circulatory system and
- your organs.
This may not seem relevant for your average footy injury or other sports injuries, however impacting blood flow when something is swollen for example, may be really useful!
Our osteopathic clinic is also particularly well known for cranial osteopathy. We have two very experienced cranial osteopaths for treatment of all your head related injuries.
Being an osteopath means caring for the whole person and this includes taking emotions into account too. This is why you will find the osteopaths at Enhance Osteopathy Heidelberg very considerate and compassionate at all times during your treatment.
If, after reading our "what do osteopaths treat" pages (which detail common conditions that osteopaths treat) you still have questions, feel free to call and ask one of our osteopaths to have a chat. I'm sure we'll be able to figure out if osteopathy can help you.